All e-Posters will be easy to access on the virtual platform where the participants can browse through them.
Please note that we are providing you with the opportunity to “present” your work to other participants by uploading an audio or video file to your e-poster. You will find the instructions below on how to prepare your e-Poster.
Creation of your ePoster
These instructions are written for PowerPoint, but are applicable to any other software you may wish to use. Use PowerPoint 2007 or newer, and set the dimensions of your poster to 140 cm (55 in) width x 70 cm (27.5 in) height, in landscape orientation.
- Number of pages (slides): one (1).
- Make sure your text and background have a large contrast (dark lettering on a light background or the reverse).
- For embedded images prefer .jpeg or .png file formats in a resolution of 72 or 96 dpi.
- Do not use animated effects, “animations” and videos.
- Before submitting, save your poster as a PDF file. All recent versions of PowerPoint and most other software applications allow you to save your poster as a PDF file from the "File > Save as" menu or through the "File > Print > as .PDF" option. If you are unsure of how to save your poster as a PDF file you can find more information and tutorials on our Support Center at support.scigentech.com.
Submission of your e-Poster
The deadline for submitting your e-Poster is Tuesday, September 14, 11:59 p.m (CEST)
To submit your ePoster please follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the following address on the Internet:
- Click on "Submit poster". When asked, please enter the Poster Submission Code, which is sent to you by email.
- Follow the three simple steps included in the Wizard to complete the submission of your ePoster. Depending on the file size of your ePoster and your Internet connection, the submission process may take from seconds to minutes.
Optional video/audio presentation
In addition, we are providing the opportunity for you to actually “present” your work to attendees by uploading a video or audio file to your poster. Below are instructions on how to prepare and submit your video or audio files.
How to prepare a video presentation:
The following notes will help you with the preparation of your video presentation.
- Prepare a single video file, in .mp4 format.
- Note the maximum allowed file size of 500MB.
- Your video presentation should be no longer than 5 minutes in length
- Ensure that your video protects patient anonymity and integrity.
How to submit your video presentation:
Please navigate to the following address on the internet: https://dfsg2021.epostersubmission.com/ and use your Poster Submission Code to log in. You will be able to add your video file by clicking on the "Upload your video file..." button.
How to prepare an audio presentation:
The following notes will help you with the preparation of your audio presentation.
- Record a single audio file, in .mp3 format. There is no size restriction.
- Your audio presentation should be 2-5 minutes in length.
- Your audio presentation should explain your poster/research to the audience, just as you would do if you were presenting “in-person”.
How to submit your audio presentation
Please navigate to the following address on the internet: https://dfsg2021.epostersubmission.com/
and use your Poster Submission Code. You will be able to add your audio file by clicking on the "Upload your audio file..." button.
Conditions and support
The e-Poster submission process described above is fully automated, ensures your instant notification upon the successful reception of your ePoster, and allows you to automatically replace a previous poster submission with an updated one, at any point in time before the deadline expires. Furthermore, it eliminates the chance that an ePoster sent by email could be erroneously characterized as a spam email and get lost. Therefore, only poster submissions through the process described above will be accepted.
For questions or issues during the poster submission process, use our Live support by clicking on the corresponding icon at the bottom of the page at https://dfsg2021.epostersubmission.com/
or visit the ePoster Support Center at support.scigentech.com.
For questions related to the DFSG 2021 programme or conference in general, please contact the DFSG secretariat on firstname.lastname@example.org
After the conference
All e-Posters will be available on-demand after the conference on the conference platform, where you can acess them using your conference login.